This is the oldest department in the Institute. The objective of the department is to produce technicians and studio technical operators with necessary skills and training for the broadcasting industry.
Faculty (Academic staff)
Head of Department: Mr.Douglas Gachanja
Deputy Head of Department:
Examination Officer: Humphrey Mwangi
Arrestus M. Mbura
• Diploma in Electronics Engineering
• Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering
Mean Grade C- (Minus), C in English, C- (minus) in mathematics, in physics/physical sciences or C- (minus) in electricity or drawing and design
• Diploma in Media and Studio Techniques
Mean Grade C plain, C plain in English and (minus) Kiswahili and D+ (plus) in mathematics or physics/physical sciences
Mean Grade C- (minus), C plain in English, C- in Kiswahili and a D+ (plus) in mathematics
• Certificate in Media and Studio Techniques
• Certificate in Computer Applications
• Certificate in Computer Servicing and Maintenance
Mean Grade C- (Minus), C- (minus) in English, D (plain) in mathematics, C - (minus) in any other 2 subjects.
On completion of their studies our graduates are employed as:
• Studio operators and technicians.
Equipment and Facilities
• Modern Oscilloscopes.
• Signal generators (for both A.F. and R.F. signals)
• Digital Modular setboards (Multifunctional)
• Amplifiers – Different Ranges
• Solid state components i.e. Transmitters
• Resisters, ICS, Diodes etc
• Soldering Gums (Existing in different ratings)
• Electronic Breadboards (Different sizes)
• Laboratory (ies)
• Computer Labs (equipped with laptops and desktops)
• Electrical cables
« PREVIOUS ‹ PLAYBACK STOP PLAY › NEXT »