This is the oldest department in the Institute. The objective of the department is to produce technicians and studio technical operators with necessary skills and training for the broadcasting industry.
- Diploma in Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering
Mean Grade C- (Minus), C in English, C- (minus) in mathematics, in physics/physical sciences or C- (minus) in electricity or drawing and design
- Diploma in Media and Studio Techniques
Mean Grade C plain, C plain in English and (minus) Kiswahili and D+ (plus) in mathematics or physics/physical sciences
Mean Grade C- (minus), C plain in English, C- in Kiswahili and a D+ (plus) in mathematics
- Certificate in Media and Studio Techniques
- Certificate in Computer Applications
- Certificate in Computer Servicing and Maintenance
Mean Grade C- (Minus), C- (minus) in English, D (plain) in mathematics, C - (minus) in any other 2 subjects.
Equipment and Facilities
- Modern Oscilloscopes.
- Signal generators (for both A.F. and R.F. signals)
- Digital Modular setboards (Multifunctional)
- Amplifiers – Different Ranges
- Solid state components i.e. Transmitters
- Resisters, ICS, Diodes etc
- Soldering Gums (Existing in different ratings)
- Electronic Breadboards (Different sizes)
- Laboratory (ies)
- Computer Labs (equipped with laptops and desktops)
- Electrical cables
On completion of their studies our graduates are employed as:
- Studio operators and technicians.